Chief Financial Officer for Tipti
TIPTI – Tiempo Para Ti (Spanish translation for “Time for You”) is a Groceries & Home Essentials eCommerce with Home Delivery. The TIPTI business is based in our Customers Experience, accomplished by our Specialized Shopper Team, that will fulfill our costumers home needs.
This position sits within one of the fastest growing startups in Ecuador, with over 300 employees and about to launch operations in two other countries. Due to expansion, there is an opportunity for a Senior Finance & M&A; professional to join a highly regarded team and business. The company is recognized as a leading retail ecommerce.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual, with a strong financial background,
and proven M&A; experience, to join a growing company. As the Head of Finance you will provide first hand support to senior management in the ongoing execution of the company’s fundraising, and take the lead role in facilitating the due diligence work.
What you need:
- First degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics (MBA is a plus)
- 7+ years of progressive experience in financial management, retail or budget management.
- 2 years’ experience in financial analysis, including forecasting and financial modeling
- 2 years’ experience in mergers and acquisitions for a Fortune 500 company or investment bank
- 2 years’ experience in retail, consumer goods, or related industry
- 2 years’ experience managing cross-functional project teams
- 2 years international business experience
- Extensive knowledge in local tax legislation.
- Analytic, structured and multitask profile
- Excellent communication skills and organization methods.
- ERP usage (OpenERP or Odoo is a plus)
- Intermediate to Advance skills in Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent teamwork abilities and leadership
- Prioritization and sense of urgency abilities.
- Analytics Skills
- Target - Based results
- Quick Learning
- Attention to details
- Communication Skills
- Creativity & innovation
- Organization & Planification
- High Standars
What will you do:
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Analyzing company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Oversee contract bookkeeper.
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Coordinating, preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Coordinating and/or preparing tax schedules, returns and information.
- Managing relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Managing cash flow.
- Building an accounting department as the company grows
- Interacting with venture capital partners and board of directors.