The Country Manager will be responsible for managing the P&L; of Ecuador and all activities related to running the business in Ecuador. The role will include running the day-to-day business activities but also be responsible for the successful development and execution of diversification opportunities in Ecuador. The individual will also be part of the LATAM Executive Committee which provides strategic oversight to ECOM’s cocoa activities in LATAM.
The individual will report to the LATAM Managing Director and will be based in Ecuador with trips within LATAM
Duties and Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the Country Manager will be as follows:
- Responsible for running the P&L; of the business;
- Ensuring double-impact objectives are met;
- Efficient management of costs (direct and indirect);
- Developing and executing process improvement initiatives;
- Efficient management of procurement, aligned to S&D; strategy for Ecuador;
- Presentation of results to senior management.
- Developing yearly strategic plan and associated budgets;
- Ensuring strategy well aligned to company’s purpose;
- Identification and execution of new diversification opportunities for business;
- Providing thought leadership to cocoa LATAM strategy development.
Relationships and Partnerships
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders, including government institutions, suppliers, key clients and partners;
- Responsible for developing sustainable supply chains;
- Working with sustainability team to develop a pipeline of donor funding opportunities and securing funds;
- In collaboration with LATAM Commercial head, negotiating effectively with clients and partners to build winning propositions.
- Ensuring development and growth of team to ensure strong employee engagement;
- Providing leadership to all business unit managers, inclusive of Procurement, Operations, HR, Finance & Accounting and Sustainability;
- Responsible for ensuring strong alignment to defined LATAM values.
- Contributing to development of LATAM Incubator;
- Proposing and executing innovative solutions by keeping abreast of latest trends in technologies that can help render business more efficient and effective.
- Playing critical role in developing LATAM’s sustainability strategy;
- Ensuring strategy is well aligned to ECOM’s commitments around sustainability;
- Providing thought leadership on sustainability and developing innovative sustainability solutions for both our suppliers and clients.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum education: Bachelor degree, MBA preferred
- Proven P&L; Ownership experience within a similar role
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience in Commodity business and/or at Executive Management Level within commodity industry, preferably cocoa
- 5+ years at senior leadership position
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Strong negotiation skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Confident communicator at all levels
- Self-starter and dynamic
- Advanced knowledge of Powerpoint and Excel